Future Plans
Right now, I do not see myself pursuing other degrees. Initially, I had thought I wanted to go back and get a post-professional OTD, but the more I learned about it, the less I think it would apply to my career goals. If I were to get some sort of degree later, I think it would be a PhD or something that would allow me to get involved in education.
Currently, I am more interested in getting specialty certifications in areas that interest me based on my career path. One of the initial ones I am interested in is the Neuro-Developmental Treatment Certification because of my interest in pediatrics. An NDT certification would allow me more specialized hands on techniques that I can use with individuals with cerebral palsy or other neuromuscular disorders. After my last fieldwork rotation, I also have an interest in hand therapy, so Certified Hand Therapist is also a certification that I might be interested in at one point. This is one that I would consider further in my career once I have more experience.
Comments
Post a Comment